
Yesterday we drove up to Kansas City to fill out the immigration paperwork for the child we hope to adopt from Korea. The office is in the building for Homeland Security there and there is quite a bit of security to get in. There was a large guard at the front door who made sure we were legitimate and looked over our papers and drivers licences. As he is studying mine, he looks at the picture, back at me, looks at the picture, back at me, and says, "You know, you almost look like Molly Ringwald in this picture." As I try to smile politely and keep my eyes from rolling, he then says, "You've heard that before?" A few times. Not today, yet, but now you've taken care of that. One time, a lady stopped me in KOHL'S in RI and said, "I've been watching you and I really thought you were Molly Ringwald, but then I thought to myself, "Why would Molly Ringwald be shopping at KOHL'S in RI?" Last summer in Boston, we were walking along a busy street with my sister. We had just passed by a couple and I heard my sister start laughing. As we keep walking, she says, that lady just said, "That was Molly Ringwald."
As my sister says, "Yeah, she's Molly Ringwald. It's a great disguise; her living in the suburbs and driving a mini-van."
Speaking of sightings, Rachel and I really did see "Uncle Joey" (Dave Coullier) from Full House in KC yesterday. We walked right by him. Pretty special.
3 comments:
Ya know, Laura, you do look like Molly Ringwald- and I've only met you once!
Actually, I saw part of Pretty in Pink last week and it did make me think of you. :-)
Laura...Since we go "Way back" with our relationship...Well before Tom was around...I must say, that I thought you looked like Molly Ringwald way back then...but of course that is when Cindy thought I looked like Patrick Dempsey (no snickering) so it is amazing that we were not cast together in a local Springburg Movie.
Post a Comment