After Emma's baseball game today, one of the team parents brought snacks of Gatorade and granola bars. Emma got an orange Gatorade and we got in the van to come home. After one sip, she decided that she didn't like it, but she did like Tom's green Gatorade. I hadn't had orange Gatorade for a long time, so I figured I'd try it. After one sip, I said, "What's the problem? It tastes like orange Kool-Aid?!!" Then, I realized, my kids have not been part of the Kool-Aid generation. She doesn't love the taste of fake drinks made with red dye #12. Tom and I grew up on Tang and Kool-Aid and loved it as kids....apparently not enough as adults to serve it to our own kids, though!
Saturday, May 19, 2007
The Tang and Kool Aid Generation...
After Emma's baseball game today, one of the team parents brought snacks of Gatorade and granola bars. Emma got an orange Gatorade and we got in the van to come home. After one sip, she decided that she didn't like it, but she did like Tom's green Gatorade. I hadn't had orange Gatorade for a long time, so I figured I'd try it. After one sip, I said, "What's the problem? It tastes like orange Kool-Aid?!!" Then, I realized, my kids have not been part of the Kool-Aid generation. She doesn't love the taste of fake drinks made with red dye #12. Tom and I grew up on Tang and Kool-Aid and loved it as kids....apparently not enough as adults to serve it to our own kids, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't that the truth. When we grew up our parents were being told that eggs, real butter, and bacon were bad, bad, bad. But "enriched with vitamin C" was good. I thought TANG was orange juice! My kids recently discovered TANG at Sam's. They like it.
Post a Comment