Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Something nice to say...
I was saddened today when I heard that Jerry Falwell had passed away. Mostly I was saddened for the ministry he worked with and his family. But, what a way to go! No suffering, no months in a hospital, no losing your mind to Alzheimer's or dimentia. Seemingly, just a passing of one breath here on earth and the next breath in glory! God really blessed him, I think with this passing. My favorite memory of Mr. Falwell is the one time I met him. He had come to speak at HSBC for our Homecoming service. Afterwards, there was a reception for him with the pastors and their wives present. As he was leaving, there was a receiving line, where he went by and spoke to each one of us, blessing us. When he got to Tom and I, he said, "I can see that you married up (better than himself). I liked him instantly! He will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment