Monday, April 23, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday I wrote about looking for a God-Stop for my BELIEVING GOD Bible study. Well, I found one during church last night.
It all started in my Daniel Bible study in September of last year. There are usually some ladies who join the studies who either don't go to church regularly or don't come to High Street but go somewhere else. This study was no exception and we had some from both of those groups. One lady began coming with a friend and we got to know her during the course of the fall and winter. On our last discussion night for the study this past April, she expressed a desire for us to pray with her as she accepted Christ as her Saviour!
I knew she planned on going to the New Member's Class and was meeting with Pastor Eddie, but it didn't dawn on me that she was to be baptized last night. It was such a blessing to watch Pastor baptize those two precious children who had made professions of faith. Then when he called my friends name and I watched her step into the baptistry, I felt God's blessing on me while she was being baptized. It was huge. I am so grateful. God has been good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No doubt about it... a screeching halt Godstop. Thanks for your posts, Laura. I know the whole earth is full of His glory. But I don't always remember to look for it, acknowledge it, and appreciate it. But, I don't want to miss it!