Thursday, February 1, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

This is our fifth winter in MO and let me just say that I prefer the last 3 winters to this one. The first winter that we were here, we got slammed with a huge snowstorm right at Christmastime. This made us feel very much at home, since we had just moved from New England, and it did not bother me one bit. But, then I got used to a "normal" MO winter with little snow and rarely freezing temperatures. What has happened? My mom told me yesterday that Boston has set a record in January for the least amount of snowfall in years and years: less than 1/2 an inch!!!! I knew things were messed up when, during our ice storm, she suggested I fly up to Boston to get away from the bad weather! I think the world is upside down or something. More importantly, I hope and pray that our bad weather does not prevent the Burch's from getting home on time because we can't wait!

No comments: