Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Bachelor

Ok. I will admit to you that I have been watching THE BACHELOR on Monday nights. Tom has Bible study in our house every Monday pm, so I go shopping or watch tv in the guest room. Let me just say, shopping is my first preference! There is NOTHING on tv on Monday nights! I can't tell you why I continue to watch the train wreck that is THE BACHELOR. They have a success rate of, what, zero? (With the exception of the one season of THE BACHELORETTE). The Bachelor's never pick who I want them to pick and furthermore, a week after the finale airs, they have always broken up with the person they picked!
My sister, being a single woman of 25 is mortified that there even is a show like this. I've decided that it is eerily similar to how kings in Bible times kept a harem and then chose one of the women to be his queen. (Remember Esther?) The only difference is, these women are free to leave the harem when all is said and done and their hearts have been broken.
I guess we really haven't come a long way, baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most popular outgoing link! You go girl!!

rachel said...

I can't watch the Bachelor. I always get emotionally attached to the couple and then I get all upset when they inevitably break up.