Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We're ready for the blizzard!

Ready or not, winter is coming! I am not a big fan of snow, but at this point, I have resigned myself to the fact that it is on it's way. In New England, at the first sign of a blizzard, everyone goes to the store and stocks up on bread and milk. I did that today....just because I thought I was supposed to! When Megan was 7 months old we had the biggest snowfall I ever remember in New England on April 1! We totally weren't expecting it and Tom and our neighbor spent most of the day shoveling out our super-long driveway. Now we're ready for it: we've got snowboots, hot cocoa, firewood and enough afghans for 20 people (and, of course, bread and milk!).

1 comment:

hillenblogshappywife said...

I went to the store today, not just because of the snow...but because I hate grocery shopping by myself, so had put it off as long as possible, and now had to shop with all the "its gonna snow" people. But I also stocked up on chips, just in case.