Monday, January 8, 2007
What's for dinner?
Well, I am not that great of a cook. I come from a long line of women who were/are great cooks and so I am somewhat disappointed that I don't really love cooking. Both grandmother's were great cooks (they grew up in the depression and really knew how to make everything) and my mom is a good cook as well. Lots of my friends enjoy cooking and do it well and I feel like the runt of the litter. Now that the holidays are over, my creative juices have stopped flowing in the meal department. I had to call Jen Cleaver and my mom and get some ideas for meals before grocery shopping today and they were great. Tom was not very helpful in that he doesn't really care what we eat as long as we don't eat out all of the time. Anyway, tonight we are having soft taco pie. It's not very exciting, but everyone will eat it without crying. I guess that' s all you can really ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I enjoy cooking but I don't like to cook when I don't have any ideas or nothing sounds good! It is the pits going through the cookbook or my favorite website (allrecipes.com) searching for that exact dish! Usually it ends up being breakfast when nothing else sounds good!
Try allrecipes.com because you can search for a recipe with whatever ingredient you have to work with. Like "chicken". The recipes are rated and every day normal people write their reviews, additions and omissions which I find very helpful!
You know Laura, you ought to have everyone post their favorite recipe, that's kid friendly and not too difficult to prepare. Then you'll have all kinds of ideas! I know, what would you do without a clever friend like me?
I love allrecipes.com! I on't know what I did before I found it!
www.topsecretrecipes.com Its like eating out...at home.
Post a Comment